Gianpaolo Carrafiello, MD
Department of Health Sciences, University of Milano, Milan, Italy
Full Professor of Radiology at Department of Health Sciences University of Milano.
Director of postgraduate school of Nuclear Medicine at University of Milano.
Chief of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology at San Paolo Hospital Milano.
Performed more than 35,000 vascular, extravascular and oncology interventional radiology procedures
• Endovascular procedures (diagnostic arteriography, PTA, metallic vascular stents, stent, embolization, arterial fibrinolysis, phlebography, vena cava filters, TIPS)
• Extravascular and oncological procedures (interventional biliary-digestive, colangiography percutaneous nephrostomy, ureteral stent, TACE / TARE, ablation, interventional musculoskeletal
Published 250 papers indexed on Med Line, 251 papers indexed on Scopus with H-Index on Scopus: 28 ; Citations: 2727 and 22 book chapters; Accepted abstracts at national and international conferences: > 400
▪ Member of La Radiologia medica editorial board
▪ Member of Editorial board CVIR
▪ Member of European radiology editorial board (section of Emergency Radiology)
▪ Member of “Annals of gastroenterology” editorial board
▪ Reviewer of: European Radiology; Emergency Radiology, CardioVascular Interventional Radiology, British Journal of radiology, La Radiologia Medica; Acta Radiologica; Skeletal Radiology; Korean Journal of Radiology
▪ Guest Editor: La Radiologia medica (2014); Medical Oncology (2017)
▪ Guest Editor Future Oncology 2017
▪ Guest Editor Medical Oncology 2017
▪ Guest editor Gland Surgery 2017
Conference and seminars: invited speaker and moderator > 200 congress; organizator of > 50 congresses
Memberships and Institutional activities
▪ Società Italiana di Radiologia Medica (SIRM); member since 1992;
▪ 2002 -2005: member of the Executive Board of the Resource Management Section and health economics in the Radiology SIRM with the office of the Secretary.
▪ 2010 – 2012: Executive Council Component SIRM with the office of the Secretary to the Presidency.
▪ 2012 - to date: Member of the Executive Council are SIRM with the office of Director.
▪ 2015 – to date: President-elect of the Regional Group SIRM of Lombardy.
▪ Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology Society of Europe (CIRSE); fellow and member since 2000