This focused issue on “Ultra-radical surgery in ovarian cancer: surgical techniques for gynecologic oncologists” is edited by Dr. Sang Yoon Park, from Center for Gynecologic Cancer, National Cancer Center Korea, Gyeonggi-do, Korea and Dr. Jae-Weon Kim, from Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea.
Dr. Sang Yoon Park is an invited specialist at National Cancer Center Korea and is specialized in gynecologic oncology. He had worked at Korea Cancer Center Hospital during 1987~2000 and have worked at NCCK as a member of founder since 2000. He published many papers especially at the field of new surgical approach in patients with advanced ovarian cancer.
Jae-Weon Kim is Professor of Medicine at the Seoul National University and is specialized in gynecologic oncology. He has been closely associated with the Gynecologic Cancer InterGroup (GCIG) since 2004 as a representative of Korea. He was Secretary General/Treasurer during 2009~2015 and current Treasurer for the Asian Society of Gynecologic Oncology (ASGO). He is Editor-in-Chief for the Journal of Gynecologic Oncology since 2012, was an editorial board member of the ‘Journal of Clinical Oncology’ during 2008~2013 and was a senior editor for the ‘International Journal of Gynecological Cancer’ during 2008~2018.
Focused issue outline:
I. PRINCIPLES OF CYTOREDUCTIVE SURGERY
- Prediction of optimal debulking surgery
- Enhanced Recovery After Surgery
- En bloc pelvic resection with rectosigmoid colectomy
- Extrapelvic bowel resection and anastomosis
- Liver mobilization, diaphragm peritonectom, full-thickness diaphragm resection and reconstruction
- Splenectomy and distal pancreatectomy
- Cholecystectomy, porta hepatis stripping, omental bursectomy
- Hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy
- Pressurized intraperitoneal aerosol chemotherapy
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Lipiodol lymphangiography
- Supra-renal lymphadenectomy with nephrectomt in recurrent ovarian cancer
- Rotational injection of pressurized intraperitoneal aerosol chemotherapy in a porcine model
- Surgical technique for rectosigmoid peritonectomy: visceral segmental serosectomy
The series “Ultra-radical Surgery in Ovarian Cancer: Surgical Techniques for Gynecologic Oncologist” was commissioned by the editorial office, Gland Surgery without any sponsorship or funding. Drs. Sang Yoon Park and Jae-Weon Kim are serving as the unpaid Guest Editors for the series.