This Focused Issue “Multimodality Advanced Imaging and Intervention in Gland Diseases” is edited by Prof. Antonio Barile from Department of Biotechnology and Applied Clinical Sciences, Chair of Musculoskeletal Radiology and Intervention, University of L’Aquila, S. Salvatore Hospital, L’Aquila, Italy.
Prof. Antonio Barile is Associate Professor of Radiology at the University of L’Aquila School of Medicine, Department of Biotechnology and Applied Clinical Sciences. Prof. Barile was educated at University of L’Aquila School of Medicine and here had a postgraduate in Diagnostic Radiology. Prof. Barile served as Secretary in the Sports Medicine Group of the Italian Society of Radiology from 1989 to 1992, as Secretary and Councillor of the Musculoskeletal Radiologic Group of the Italian Society of Radiology from 1992 to 1996. Since 2002, he was member and co-Chairman of the Didactic and Scientific Committee of the Italian College of Musculoskeletal Radiology. Member of the Musculoskeletal Scientific Sub-Committee of the ECR 2016 and 2017. From 2014 to present he is Secretary of the President of the Italian Society of Medical and Interventional Radiology (SIRM). President Elect (2019-2020) of the Italian College of Musculoskeletal Radiology. Prof. Barile is member of European Societies: EAR, ESSR, CIRSE and member of ISS since 2016. He is member of Editorial Board of the “La Radiologia Medica” Journal. His main field of interest is in Musculoskeletal Radiology and in all fields of Interventional Radiology included minimally invasive endocrine intervention. Prof Barile is Author of 15 books, more than 220 articles (indexed in Scopus 108), published on national and international journals, more than 350 abstracts and invited speaker in more than 450 national and international courses and congresses. According to Elsevier's Scopus database (May 2018) his citation index is equal to 1478, and h-index is 21.
Focused issue outline:
- Pancreatic neuroendocrine tumours: spectrum of imaging findings
- Application of Apparent Diffusion Coefficient MRI (ADC-MRI) for the evaluation of axillary lymph nodal involvement in breast cancer
- Biparametric vs Multiparametric MRI approach to prostate cancer disease: a long-standing debate
- Ultra-High Frequency UltraSound (UHFUS) in salivary glands
- Targeted biopsy of the prostate after multiparametric MRI: an update
- Dual energy CT in gland tumors: a comprehensive review and differential diagnosis
- New advances in CT imaging of pancreas diseases
- Interventional treatments of benign prostate hyperplasia beyond embolization
- Multiparametric US evaluation of parotid glands pathology
- Pituitary Magnetic Resonance Imaging vs Bilateral Inferior Petrosal Sinus Sampling: Comparison between non-invasive and invasive diagnostic techniques For Cushing's Disease
- Pitfalls and differential diagnosis on adrenal lesions: current concepts in CT/MR imaging
- MR severity index assessed by T1 weighted imaging for acute pancreatitis: correlation with clinical outcomes and grading of the revised Atlanta Classification.
The series “Multimodality Advanced Imaging and Intervention in Gland Diseases” was commissioned by the editorial office, Gland Surgery without any sponsorship or funding. Dr. Antonio Barile is serving as the unpaid Guest Editor for the series.