This focused issue on “Ovarian Cancer Recurrence” is edited by Dr. Stefano Cianci from Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Policlinico A. Gemelli Foundation, Rome, Italy.
Stefano Cianci, MD, PhD
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Policlinico A. Gemelli Foundation, Rome, Italy
Dr. Stefano Cianci is currently a Consultant at Policlinico Agostino Gemelli Foundation. He took degree in medicine and surgery at University of Catania. He is a specialist in obstetrics and gynecology, and he works in gynecologic oncology unit since 2016.
During his training, he completed a research and clinical fellowship at Oxford University. He was lecturer for national and international congresses moreover he was tutor in many surgical courses. He was in the organizing committee of many congress and surgical courses. He published more then 60 articles in international journals principally regarding gynecologic oncology and gynecologic endocrinology.
He is study coordinator and principal investigator of many prospective trials in the field of ovarian cancer research. He is a member of different national and international association of gynecologic endoscopists and is in the editorial board of many international journals specialized in medicine and gynecology. He is reviewer for many international journals. In his clinical activity, he performed more than 200 high complexity gynecologic surgical procedures. He is an expert in gynecologic endoscopy and robotic surgery.
Focused issue outline:
- Role of ultrasound imaging for ovarian cancer recurrence early detection
- Role of biomarkers for early detection of ovarian cancer recurrence
- Loco regional treatment for ovarian cancer recurrence
- Development of new medical treatment for ovarian cancer recurrence
- Role of robotic surgery for ovarian cancer recurrence
- Laparoscopy vs laparotomy for ovarian cancer recurrence
- Surgery vs chemotherapy for ovarian cancer recurrence what is the best treatment option
- Secondary and Tertiary ovarian cancer recurrence what is the best management?