Focused issue on “Endocrine Surgery” is edited by Dr. Gabriele Materazzi, Department of Surgery, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy.
Dr. Gabriele Materazzi is Associate Professor of Surgery at the University of Pisa. His principle research interests have been in surgical disorders of the thyroid, parathyroid, and adrenal glands. He has a particular interest in endocrine surgical oncology (thyroid and parathyroid cancer), and novel technologies in endocrine surgery (Robotic Surgery, transaxillary thyroidectomy), as well as minimally invasive endocrine surgery (retroperitoneoscopic adrenalectomy, minimally invasive thyroidectomy and parathyroidectomy).
Focused issue outline:
- Minimally Invasive Videoassisted Thyroidectomy
- Energy devices in thyroid surgery
- VI compartment clearance in the treatment of Papillary Thyroid carcinoma
- Total thyroidectomy versus hemythyroidectomy in the treatment of papillary carcinoma
- Robotic Adrenalectomy
- Parathyroid Surgery under local anesthesia (same day surgery)
- Novel treatments for anaplastic thyroid carcinoma
- Neural monitoring in thyroid surgery is here to stay
- NIFT: a new entity.
- Microfollicular nodule: which surgical strategy