This focused issue on “Diagnostic Radiology” is edited by Dr. Antonio Barile, Department of Biotechnology and Applied Clinical Sciences, Chair of Musculoskeletal Radiology and Intervention, University of L’Aquila, S. Salvatore Hospital, L’Aquila, Italy.
Prof. Antonio Barile is Associate Professor of Radiology at the University of L’Aquila School of Medicine, Department of Biotechnology and Applied Clinical Sciences. Prof. Barile was educated at University of L’Aquila School of Medicine and here had a postgraduate in Diagnostic Radiology. Prof. Barile served as Secretary in the Sports Medicine Group of the Italian Society of Radiology from 1989 to 1992, as Secretary and Councillor of the Musculoskeletal Radiologic Group of the Italian Society of Radiology from 1992 to 1996.
Focused issue outline:
- Diagnostic value of major salivary gland ultrasonography in primary Sjögren’s syndrome: the role of grey-scale and color/power Doppler sonography
- Neuroblastoma image-defined risk factors in adrenal neuroblastoma: role of radiologist.
- MRI predictive role in the therapeutic response of GH-secreting pituitary adenomas
- Groove pancreatitis: a challenging imaging diagnosis.
- Update in diagnostic imaging of the thymus and anterior mediastinal masses
- High-resolution mr imaging at 3t of pituitary gland: advantages and pitfalls
- Correlation between ADC values and Gleason Score in evaluation of prostate cancer: multicentre experience and review of the literature.
- Delayed enhancement in differential diagnosis of salivary gland neoplasm
- Does multiparametric US improve diagnostic accuracy in the characterization of small testicular masses
- Ereditary breast cancer: screening and risk reducing surgery
- MR Imaging of adrenal gland: state of the art
- Ultrasound imaging classifications of thyroid nodules for malignancy risk stratification and clinical management: state of art.